Based in Salerno, Italy
Co-developer for platform conversion
Based in Milan, Italy
March 23th, 2021 (PC),
Q3, 2021 (iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch)
“Mountains of Madness” is a graphic adventure which takes place in the world of the master of horror, H.P. Lovecraft. Set in the ’30s, it traces the events narrated in the novel “At The Mountains Of Madness”, which tells the story of an expedition of scientists bound for the South Pole only to come across a shocking discovery. This is only the beginning of the many incredible and mystifying events which shall befall them. The game is populated by characters unique to the Lovecraftian style of exploration into the unknown, and spans many far-flung eras, even revealing the shrouded origin of the Necronomicon itself. Mountains of Madness is an epic journey in which discovering the truth behind its terrible mysteries is but a passport to madness
Mountains of Madness tells the story of the private investigator Lone Carter, who we first met 10 years hence in the original Chronicle of Innsmouth, first chapter of the saga. We shall also journey to ancient Yemen, assuming the role of Abdul Alhazred – “The Mad Arab”, creator of the Necronomicon – and even step into the shoes of H.P. Lovecraft himself as he seeks the roots of the ancient mysteries surrounding his own bloodline.
You died, of that you are sure. Your encounter with the Shoggoth left you broken, bleeding out in the sand of that fateful shore. You fell into an endless darkness – and then woke up again, whole and unharmed. You don’t know what happened, but something has changed. Visions and nightmares follow you since then – and there’s a mystery you’ve got to solve, an adventure that will test your wits and drag you to the limits of your sanity… and perhaps beyond.
- A mature, horrifying story, combining the thrilling mystery of a detective story with a cosmic horror setting.
- Inspired by The Mountains of Madness, but with many original elements to surprise you at every corner.
- Test your wits and deduction skills with clever puzzles, logical but challenging.
- Interact with many characters, both original and taken from Lovecraft’s works. Play as detective Lone Carter, but also as iconic Lovecraft characters as Abdul Alhazred – and even H.P. Lovecraft himself!
- Retro art style, inspired by the early 90s Lucasarts classics.
- A brilliant unsettling original soundtrack, full of tension and mystery, to underline the disturbing events of this story.